We at Better Collective hold safer gambling in high regard and it is important for us that gambling remains a form of entertainment. We have prepared an explainer video for you, where you will find out:
- What is Safer Gambling;
- What is Problem Gambling;
- How to recognise problem gambling in others;
- Some handy Safer Gambling tips;
- Gambling is entertainment and needs to be safe. Check our approach to safer gambling in the Safer Gambling Code;
- We also encourage you to reach out to a helpline or other support resources and talk to a trained person about your observations, concerns, and how you should approach the person experiencing the problem. In the description of the video, you’ll find support options available to you in your country of residence.
- National Gambling Helpline: 0808 8020 133. This helpline provides free, confidential advice 24 hours a day for anyone affected by gambling problems.
- GAMSTOP (the national online self-exclusion system)
- Gambling Therapy. This service provides advice about problem gambling in multiple languages.
- Read advice from the UK Gambling Commission to learn how to make sure you gamble safely with licensed businesses, as well as how to gamble responsibly by using tools to manage your activity.